Nutriment's Kidney Support dog food formula is specifically designed to maintain overall canine health, paying specific attention to the kidneys. Containing human-grade quality beef and responsibly sourced sardines, our in-house canine nutritionists have carefully selected biologically appropriate ingredients which provide essential nutrition to maintain optimal kidney health. Our kidney support recipe forms part of a species-appropriate diet which is free from grains, additives and harmful chemicals that can be difficult to digest and place strain on a dog's kidneys. Boosted with Omega-3 fatty acids and monitored protein and phosphorous levels, our kidney support raw dog food is an ideal solution for supporting your dog's health and happiness.
Human Grade Quality Ingredients
Made in the UK
Fast, Reliable Delivery
Sold in 500g trays. For help about how much fits in a box, and details about the delivery of your order, please click here Feed 2-3% of the dog's ideal body weight per day, ideally spread over two meals.
- A species-appropriate diet that does not contain any grains, refined carbohydrates, or high-starch ingredients
- Restricted, appropriate protein levels to support muscle maintenance and healthy kidney function
- Restricted phosphorus
- Increased calcium levels to minimise phosphorus absorption
- Enhanced long chain Omega 3 Fatty Acids for glomerular health
- Increased vitamin B levels to replace those lost in the urine
Beef Tripe, Whole Sardines, Beef Liver, Butternut Squash, Kale, Salmon Oil, Sunflower Seeds, Spirulina, Dandelion Root Powder, Cinnamon, Bilberry Powder
Why do we use these ingredients? Click here for more information
- Beef Offal is rich in Vitamin D which has been proven to help support healthy kidney function.
- Sardines and Sesame seeds high in Calcium to aid in phosphorous absorption.
- Salmon Oil is a whole food source of vitamin D .
- Spirulina contains key micronutrients and is a great source of iron for maintaining a healthy circulatory system.
- Sunflower seeds aid in balancing alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) and linoleic acid (LA).
- Sunflower seeds are also rich in Vitamin E which is important for healthy Kidney membranes.
- Dandelion has prebiotic properties and can support blood purification.
- Cinnamon can assist in maintain blood pressure and supports healthy blood sugar levels. The antioxidant-rich ingredient also offers cognitive support.
- Bilberry is rich in antioxidants that help mop up free radicals.
- Kale assists in removing excess phosphorus from the digestive tract
Like in humans, a dog's kidneys are responsible for filtering toxins and waste from the body. Although some breeds are more prone to developing kidney conditions, kidney damage can also occur when a dog ingests harmful ingredients or toxins. When the kidneys aren't functioning properly, a build up of toxins can occur in the body which can be detrimental to other bodily functions. Side effects can be changes in water consumption, changes in urine production and loss of appetite. You should always consult your vet if you are concerned about your dog's health.
Our kidney diet formula contains high-quality, raw beef meat and offal, as well as oily fish which is packed with enhanced, long chain Omega 3 Fatty Acids for glomerular health. Nutritious vegetables and superfoods such as kale, spirulina, sesame seeds and bilberry powder which are rich in calcium, vitamin D, vitamin B, antioxidants and other nutrients which are important to maintain healthy kidney function. Our kidney support recipe is highly digestible, meaning that your dog efficiently and effectively absorbs the nutrients available.
We've taken care to ensure that this recipe contains limited phosphorous, as this can be difficult for a dog with kidney concerns to filter from the body (extra phosphorous in the body can draw calcium from bones leading to additional health issues).
Nutriment's award-winning Support range is specifically designed to maintain specific areas of your dog's health. With innovative recipes to maintain kidney, liver and pancreas health, as well as varieties to support recovery and weight management, Nutriment's raw dog food solutions deliver high-quality nutrition in flavourful and energy dense portions.
Our kidney support recipe is available in 500g trays.
This Kidney Support dog food is a frozen raw meat product and must be stored and handled accordingly. Once defrosted this product will remain fresh for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Typical analysis as fed:
- Moisture: 71%
- Protein: 13%,
- Fat: 10%,
- Ash (inorganic matter): 2%,
- Fibre: 1%,
- Carbohydrate 4%
- Phosphorus 0.3%
- Moisture - the natural presence found in the ingredients
- Protein - are biological molecules consisting of one or more chains of amino acids
- Fat - includes all fats: saturated fats, trans fats, and the unsaturated fats, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated
- Ash (inorganic matter) - is the inorganic residue remaining after the water and organic matter have been removed
- Fibre - the term given to the indigestible part of food
Puppies should be fed 5-6% of their growing body weight and Adult dogs should be fed 2-3% of their ideal body weight.
This is only a guide. Some dogs may need, more or less to maintain proper weight. We recommend feeding any dogs over the age of 6 months twice a day. Depending on the breed of your puppy depends on the age they can move to adult formula, larger puppies can move over sooner, but still feed puppy rations until they are fully grown.
With puppies between 3 – 6 weeks old, you can start on our weaning paste. Just like with babies, you want to introduce plain and simple foods first. Our weaning paste is ground to a paste that will have fine bits of bone, which is great for puppies' teeth and easy for them to digest. The weaning paste is only intended as a supplement to the mother's milk. They should be allowed to suckle first then offer the weaning paste.
After 6 weeks, you can start introducing our puppy food which is still very fine and a simple, bland food. By the time they reach 4 months, you can start introducing the normal formulas.
Puppy Feeding Guidelines
|Dog Weight||Puppy Feeding (4-6%) Daily Recommendation|
|5kg||200 - 300g|
|10kg||400 - 600g|
|15kg||600 - 900g|
|20kg||800 - 1200g|
|25kg||1000 - 1500g|
|30kg||1200 - 1800g|
|35kg||1400 - 2100g|
|40kg||1600 - 2400g|
Adult dogs are a lot easier to cater for. Nutriment’s enhanced raw formula meets the energy needs of all breeds of dog, offering highly digestible, flavourful and energy dense nourishment full of essential amino acids, vitamins and dietary macronutrients. Feeding your dog the correct amount of food is vital to their weight and overall health.
Adult Dog Feeding Guidelines
|Dog Weight||Adult Dog Feeding (2-3%) Daily Recommendation|
|5kg||100 - 150g|
|10kg||200 - 300g|
|15kg||300 - 450g|
|20kg||400 - 600g|
|25kg||500 - 750g|
|30kg||600 - 900g|
|35kg||700 - 1050g|