Low Purine & Phosphorus Support
Nutriment's Low Purine and Phosphorus raw dog food formula is specifically designed to maintain overall canine health, paying specific attention to the pancreas, liver and kidneys. Our recipe contains essential nutrition from high-quality, biologically appropriate ingredients, whilst being naturally low in purine and phosphorous. Despite being naturally occurring substances, excessive quantities of purine and phosphorous in the diet can cause health concerns for dogs. Our in-house canine nutritionists carefully select human-grade quality meats and supplementary vegetables and superfoods to create a meal which is easily digestible, great-tasting and supportive of canine health.
A favourite among our raw dog food range, it's sold in 500g trays or 1.4kg chubbs (click above to select the correct size for your dog). For help about how much fits in a box, and details about the delivery of your order, please click here Feed 2-3% of the dog's ideal body weight per day, ideally spread over two meals.
- A species-appropriate diet that does not contain any grains, refined carbohydrates, or high-starch ingredients
- Contains functional foods
- Fortified with antioxidants
- Flavour and palatability are very high and encourage eating in animals with decreased appetite
- Low in fat
- Supports kidney and liver function
- Low sodium and magnesium content to support heart function
- Easy to digest and gentle on the gut
Contains 75% fresh meat and bone.
British Beef Green Tripe, British Chicken with Bone, Fresh Carrots, Fresh Butternut Squash, Fresh Broccoli, Fresh Green Curly Kale, Scottish Cold Water Salmon Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Raw Sea Kelp Powder (Laminaria japonica), Bilberry Powder (Vaccinium Mytilus), Spirulina Powder (Spirulina platensis), Whole Milled Sesame Seeds, Wheat Germ Oil (natural vitamin E)
Why do we use these ingredients? Click here for more information
Typically, game and red meat can contain higher levels of purine. This is why our low purine recipe contains high-quality green tripe and human-grade quality chicken to provide quality protein and essential amino acids, without high levels of purine. Our grain-free recipe also contains biologically appropriate vegetables, such as fresh carrots and kale, and superfoods, such as salmon oil and raw sea kelp powder, which are loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to maintain kidney, liver and pancreas health.
High-fat foods also contribute to the potentially harmful effects of excess uric acid, as fat holds uric acid in the kidneys. Nutriment's low purine and low phosphorous raw dog food is naturally low in fat to support healthy kidney function. It is also low in sodium and magnesium, which is important for maintaining healthy heart function.
We've also taken care to ensure that this recipe contains limited phosphorous, as this can be difficult for a dog with kidney concerns to filter from the body (extra phosphorous in the body can draw calcium from bones leading to additional health issues).
Nutriment's award-winning Support range is specifically designed to maintain specific areas of your dog's health. With innovative recipes to maintain kidney, liver and pancreas health, as well as varieties to support recovery and weight management, Nutriment's raw dog food solutions deliver high-quality nutrition in flavourful and energy dense portions.
Our low purine and phosphorous support recipe is available in 500g trays and 1.4kg chubbs
Typical analysis as fed:
- Moisture: 73.20%
- Protein: 12.70%
- Fat: 7.90%
- Ash (inorganic matter): 2.40%
- Fibre: 1.20
- Calcium: 0.51%
- Phosphorus: 0.32%
- Sodium: 0.08%
- Moisture - the natural presence found in the ingredients
- Protein - are biological molecules consisting of one or more chains of amino acids
- Fat - includes all fats: saturated fats, trans fats, and the unsaturated fats, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated
- Ash (inorganic matter) - is the inorganic residue remaining after the water and organic matter have been removed
- Fibre - the term given to the indigestible part of the food